I am currently working on what’s next and would like to explore a purpose-led organisation to help people reduce their material consumption and fight climate breakdown through instigating and demanding systemic change.
If you find these themes interesting, I would love to hear from you: Please get in touch
Keen to have a chat? Contact me
On climate breakdown and its causes
I have been trying to understand the root causes of human-induced climate breakdown and have recently written several essays about the systemic problems that we urgently need to address:
- Undo capitalism or it will undo us
- On embodied emissions, exploitation and the unsustainability of consumer products
- We are mistaking wants for needs and it is costing us the world
- The downsides of convenience
- Technology and the tragedy of quiet as a commons
A few of the things I have worked on in the past:
- ANZ.com: I led the user experience design in the early days of the website redesign from 2014 onwards and provided design direction later on.
- Volkside: I was the founder, user experience consultant and product creator from 2009 to 2011. I created the Wirify and Naview concepts back in 2010 and productised them in 2011. Both products are 100% designed and built by me, end to end.
- Wirify is a bookmarklet that lets you turn any web page into a wireframe in one click. It’s free, easy and fun to use.
- Naview helps you to design and build navigation prototypes quickly and test the usability of your navigation with users.
- These two products are still available and regularly used, although they have received few updates in recent years.
This site is not a portfolio. I would love to take you through my work in person.
Read more about this minimum viable product diagram from me:
— Jussi Pasanen (@jopas) September 26, 2014
Here’s one on Medium:
I loved my time as a Designer in Residence. You should do it too
A story about my residency at Nordkapp, interleaved with thoughts on how other designers could do something similar and why it’s valuable.
2017.08.09 / 8min read. Read More